Mercer County (Banner Imagery) - click to go to homepage. Mercer County (Banner Imagery) - click to go to homepage.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Can anyone request ambulance service?
A: Yes, though insurance may not cover minor injuries.

Q: Who is in charge of the Amber Alert System?
A:  The Kentucky State Police

Q: On what website is there a detailed map of Mercer County?
A: The Planning & Zoning Commission has very good information.

Q: How many animals can the Animal Shelter hold?
A: The maximum is approximately 50 animals.

Q: Does the Health Dept. have a set charge for each service?
A: No, they use a sliding fee scale. This means the fee is based on household size and income.

Q: On Fridays I hear sirens going off around noon. What are they for?
A: The sirens are a test of the Mercer County Outdoor Warning Siren System. The sirens are sounded each Friday at noon to make sure they are working.

Q: What should I do when I hear the warning sirens?
A: The warning sirens are only sounded for Severe Thunderstorm Warnings, Tornado Warnings, or other emergencies. When you hear a siren, go inside and turn on your television or radio for the most up to date information.

Q: Where can I get information on how to prepare for severe weather?
A: Contact the office of the Mercer County Emergency Management Agency (734-6333). You can also stop by the office which is located in the basement of the courthouse.

If you have any further questions, please contact Sandy Sanders at the Mercer County Fiscal Court.


Last Updated 10/21/2014